I wanted to get everyone the details for the 2017 Fall Tour! Tour dates this year are November 3rd to 5th, 2017 in Mena, Arkansas.
The Route: ALL PAVED ROADS this year, I promise. The current plan is to drive from Mena, AR to Hot Springs, AR for lunch, and then return to Mena.
Schedule: This is approximate, but the current plan will be as follows.
- November 3 at 7:00 PM – Dinner in Mena, AR. Location TBD, but I’m leaning toward the steakhouse from last year. After dinner, I expect one of the cabins will be open for drinks and shooting the breeze.
- November 4 at 8:00 AM – Leave for the drive to Hot Springs.
- November 4 at 12:00 PM – Lunch in Hot Springs. After lunch, we should have time to tour Hot Springs.
- November 4 at 7:00 PM – Dinner in Mena. Location TBD.
- November 5 at 8:00 AM – Everybody can head home.
Accommodations: We have three cabins reserved at Stone Hill Cottages. These each sleep 6 adults.You can see details here, here and here. There are two private bedrooms in each, plus a sleeper sofa. The Oklahoma folks stayed here last year, and it was great. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are coming, how many people, and what kind of room you would like: (1) private room with attached bathroom, (2) private room with shared bathroom, (3) sleeper sofa. The cabins each also have an inflatable mattress, but not planning to use that unless there are kids that need them. We’ll see on price, but my plan is to split the cost based on how many people come, with folks having the nicer rooms paying a bit more than the guy on the sofa. I would expect cost to be about $30-50 per adult per night. If you have a group, and want to be in a cabin together, let me know.
Decals: We’ll do decals and route books just like last year. Cost should be about the same, around $45. The magnetic decals are a just little more expensive. If there is a swell of support, I can do vinyl decals, but I’m always concerned about damaged paint.
If you have questions or to let me know you’re coming, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.